Portrait of Diao Chan Worshipping the Moon
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Giclée art print on German made rice paper.
About the Artwork：
Portrait of Diao Chan, 2023. Chen Xiaoping. Ink on rice paper.
Diao Chan (貂蝉) is one of the Four Beauties of ancient China, though her tale is somewhat unique as it's not drawn from formal historical records but rather from folklore and the historical novel "Romance of the Three Kingdoms."
Her beauty is poetically described with the phrase "the moon hid behind the clouds when she appeared," suggesting her beauty was so radiant that even the moon would become shy in her presence.
The most famous story involving Diao Chan is the "divide and conquer" strategy known as the "Linked Beauties Plot." In this tale, in order to bring down the tyrant Dong Zhuo, Diao Chan was used as a pawn to sow discord between Dong Zhuo and his powerful general, Lu Bu. She was presented as a concubine to both men, causing jealousy and animosity between them. This ultimately led to Lu Bu betraying and assassinating Dong Zhuo.
Diao Chan's story is a complex mix of beauty, intelligence, and sacrifice. While her historical existence is debated, her character has been immortalized in Chinese literature and art, symbolizing the potential power and influence of beauty and wit.
About the Artist：
Chen Xiaoping stands out as a renowned artist, celebrated for her profound expertise in the realms of oil painting, traditional Chinese painting, and calligraphy. Twice she has been honored with the prestigious award for the "Most Outstanding Visual Artist" by the Governor of CNMI (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands). Furthermore, Chen has secured the gold prize on two occasions at the "NTD Global Realism Oil Painting Competition". Her solo exhibitions have been held multiple times, showcasing her deep mastery over her craft. Several of her remarkable pieces are now part of the permanent collection at the Saipan National Museum. Chen Xiaoping's works not only capture the essence of the subject but also reflect a harmonious blend of Eastern and Western artistry.
Made in USA
Museum-Quality Giclee Art Print
• This artworks was printed on high quality German-made rice paper or Museum Etching paper, distinguished by its natural white hue and distinct texture.
• Using archival inks, enhancing vivid colors and sharp details for enduring vibrancy.
Frame and Mounting
• Handcrafted solid wood frames: Made from premium solid wood , each frame is both durable and elegant, designed to perfectly accentuate the artwork.
•Double mats: Enhancing depth and significantly make the artwork pop, elevating its visual impact.
• Shatter resistant plexiglass (acrylic glass) front: Crystal clear acrylic glass offers superior clarity, protection against dust, and is shatter resistant.
•Ready-to-hang : Each frame comes ready-to-hang with pre-installed hanging nails and steel wire, making wall mounting much easier.
Shipping and Delivery
• Print only without frame: Ships within 7 days. Worldwide shipping.
• Hanging: Ships within 30 days. Worldwide shipping.
• Wood Framing: Ships within 14 days. Shipping within the United States only.For expedited shipping, please contact customer service.