Imperial Consort Yang
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Giclée art print on German made rice paper.
About the Artwork：
Imperial Consort Yang, 2023. Chen Xiaoping. Ink on rice paper.
Imperial Consort Yang, often known as Yang Guifei or Yang Yuhuan (楊貴妃), is one of the Four Beauties of ancient China. Her beauty is famously described with the phrase that "flowers would become ashamed in her presence."
Born during the Tang Dynasty, Yang Guifei became the beloved consort of Emperor Xuanzong. Their romance was one of the most legendary in Chinese history. However, it was not without its complications. As Yang and her family gained influence at court, political tensions heightened.
These tensions, combined with other factors, contributed to the An Lushan Rebellion, one of the most devastating rebellions in Chinese history. As the rebellion escalated, Yang Guifei became a scapegoat, blamed for the political and social turmoil. Tragically, under pressure from his own troops, Emperor Xuanzong was forced to order her execution.
Despite her tragic end, Yang Guifei's legacy has endured. Her life and relationship with Emperor Xuanzong have been immortalized in countless poems, artworks, and tales throughout Chinese culture, with many portraying their romance as a symbol of passionate love in the face of adversity.
About the Artist：
Chen Xiaoping stands out as a renowned artist, celebrated for her profound expertise in the realms of oil painting, traditional Chinese painting, and calligraphy. Twice she has been honored with the prestigious award for the "Most Outstanding Visual Artist" by the Governor of CNMI (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands). Furthermore, Chen has secured the gold prize on two occasions at the "NTD Global Realism Oil Painting Competition". Her solo exhibitions have been held multiple times, showcasing her deep mastery over her craft. Several of her remarkable pieces are now part of the permanent collection at the Saipan National Museum. Chen Xiaoping's works not only capture the essence of the subject but also reflect a harmonious blend of Eastern and Western artistry.
Made in USA
Museum-Quality Giclee Art Print
• Natural white, matte, acid and lignin-free archival rice paper.
Frame and Mounting
• Handcrafted solid wood frames: Made from premium solid wood , each frame is both durable and elegant, designed to perfectly accentuate the artwork.
•Double mats: Enhancing depth and significantly make the artwork pop, elevating its visual impact.
• Shatter resistant plexiglass (acrylic glass) front: Crystal clear acrylic glass offers superior clarity, protection against dust, and is shatter resistant.
•Ready-to-hang : Each frame comes ready-to-hang with pre-installed hanging nails and steel wire, making wall mounting much easier.
Shipping and Delivery
• Print only without frame: Ships within 7 days. Worldwide shipping.
• Hanging Scroll: Ships within 30 days. Worldwide shipping.
• Wood Framing: Ships within 14 days. Shipping within the United States only.For expedited shipping, please contact customer service.